Hello all my health freaks… I hope you’re all doing awesome!!
Last week I shared with you my absolute best weight-loss secret – my FAT CUTTER drink! Some people liked it.. some people found the idea weird.. but I think every lifestyle change requires a little getting used to.. and once you get used to it.. it becomes an amazing healthy habit.
So continuing with the healthy food habits, yesterday I shared a picture of my beautiful dinner on Instagram and many people liked it. So, today I am sharing that recipe with you. Since I am trying to lose weight, I am trying to follow a diet plan that is high in protein and low in carbs. Let me know if you’d like me to share what my daily meal plan looks like. I’ve been at this plan for about 1.5+ months now.. and I have lost around 10 pounds and 1.2% body fat. *Patting my back*.
The recipe I am sharing today is a Shrimp stir fry. It is packed with good vitamins and minerals and is high in protein and low in carbs.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (regular cabbage will do, I like red cabbage for its color)
- 1/2 cup diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup brocoli florets
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (you can use olive/coconut)
- 2 cups de-veined and peeled shrimp (I buy cooked shrimp, you can use uncooked)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (or more) chilli garlic paste
- salt, pepper, chilli flakes to taste
To get started, I like to use a nice big wok (kadhai) on a high flame to make this stir fry. Add some sesame oil in the wok and let it get nice and hot. Next add the ginger and garlic.. and just as they become nice and fragrant.. which should take about 30 seconds or so.. add the rest of the vegetables. You want your wok to be at a high flame all the time, otherwise the vegetables will get soggy..which we don’t want 😉 Vegetables will cook fast.. in about 1-2 mins..so keep and eye on them..and don’t go away from the burner and talk to your girlfriends 😛 If you bought uncooked shrimp, you want to toss them in the wok at this point. Once the shrimp gets pink and opaque add the soy sauce, chilli garlic paste, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Please adjust according to your taste.
Once everything is cooked and looks great… add the spring onion for an added freshness and greenery and you’re done 🙂 It takes like 15 mins to make this stir fry, so it’s perfect for a weekday dinner. You can enjoy this on its own or with some brown rice or quinoa.
Let me know if you guys try it out and how you like it. And always remember.. a healthy diet shouldn’t just consist of salads and soups.. you can enjoy a healthy diet with delicious and yummy foods like these too.
Until Next Time,
Stay Gorgeous & Keep Inspiring!
Daily Dose of Happiness…
- My weekend was great. I went for some retail shopping after a long time.. and literally shopped till my feet hurt..haha.
- I am quite ahead on my weekly YouTube video schedule, so I took this Sunday to just rest and relax and do the regular things I do on weekends..watch movies, meal prep etc.