Welcome back to Treat Tuesday!
So you guys probably know how much I like to meal prep (hint: meal prep plan coming soon) I’ve already shared one of my favorite breakfast meals with you, which you can read here if you haven’t already.
So, today’s recipe is going to be a really healthy, and delicious vegetable egg white muffin! It is super easy to make and takes a total of 20 minutes to prepare. Just pop them in the fridge and re-heat for breakfast. It’s just that simple!
So for this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of brocoli florets
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 pepper (color of your choice)
- 12 cherry tomatoes cut in halves or quarters
- 4 cups of egg white
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil to grease the muffin tray
- chilli flakes (optional)
First things first, pre-heat your oven to 400F (200C) and grease your muffin tray with some olive oil. I find the oil sprays work the best here, that way you don’t put too much oil in the tray.
Chop all your veges and equally distribute them in the tray. Start with spinach and layer the red onion, brocoli, pepper and tomatoes (You can totally change-up the veges and add whatever you prefer).
Fill each muffin cup with egg whites till the top (trust me, you’re not over-filing these). I like to use store-bought egg whites.. but you can separate egg whites and yolks if you’re a champ in doing that.. I am not, so I stick to the store bought stuff.
Lastly, add some salt, pepper and chilli flakes and stick the tray in the oven for 15 minutes or until they become a little brown in the top.
You might notice that the muffins really fluff up while they’re cooking and might even raise a lot higher than the muffin tray itself. But don’t worry, once they cool down, they’ll come back to the height of the muffin tray.
Lastly, let the muffins rest for 5 minutes and then I like to wrap each one in a plastic wrap and stick them in the fridge. That way, I just grab them in the morning and out the door I go!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and if you do.. don’t forget to let me know how you liked it!
Until next time,
Stay Gorgeous & Keep Inspiring!
Daily Dose of Happiness…
- While I was back in India, I really liked chicken manchow soup. Those who have had it.. I’m sure your mouths are watering right now! So last night for dinner, I made a chicken and veg soup and it tasted really close to chicken manchow!! Absolutely loved it!
- I started training hard this week. I realized I was mostly doing the same workouts, so I’ve pulled up the intensity.. so naturally, I am more than a little sore today! haha… but a good sore! 😛