Happy Tuesday guys!! It’s Tuesday and we all know what that means right?? #TreatTuesday!!!!
For today’s treat Tuesday, I am sharing with you my Oatmeal and Banana muffin recipe. I shared this on my instagram last week.. and a few of you were interested in the recipe… so here it is!!
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 3 bananas mashed (it’s best to use bananas that are starting to ripen.. and have brown spots all over)
- 2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you can use brown sugar or honey instead)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you can use vegetable oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
So, before we get started, go ahead and pre-heat your oven to 400F (200C).
I like to make this recipe in my food-processor, just makes it quick. But a big bowl and wire whisk should be fine too.
I like to give my oats a head start, so I pulse it 1-2 times so that they’re broken down into smaller bits. Then basically add all the ingredients in and blend them until my batter is nice and smooth. This should take about a 30-40 seconds.
After that prep you muffin tin with some muffin liners and pour about 1/4 cup of the batter in each section of the muffin tin and add 2-3 blueberries to each section. You can also add some chopped nuts if you’d like. Leave the muffins in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until they’re baked through. You can check this by inserting a knife or toothpick to the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, you’re all set!
Take the muffins out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes so that they’re nice and warm. And then, DIG IN!!
These muffins with stay good for about a week. I like to make a big batch and put a couple of these in sandwich ziplock bags and store them in the freezer. That way, I can pull it out of the freezer when I am off to work. It makes for a great breakfast, as well as, that 3p.m. lunch snack.
Until next time,
Stay gorgeous & Keep Inspiring! xoxo
Daily Dose of Happiness
- I just posted a new video on Youtube after 2 weeks. The whole new youtube program is really discouraging and put me off for a week. But then I realized, I was never on Youtube for the money, because let’s face it, I wasn’t even earning anything. It just felt good to see that “monetize” icon next to my video. So after being knocked down for sometime, I got back to it! 🙂 Here’s the video!
- Started playing tennis 🎾 on a regular basis now and I must agree, I am getting better at it..haha!
- I am absolutely loving an essential oil dispenser I bought recently. It feels amazing putting it on after a long day, while unwinding at night. I also bought a bunch of essential oils, and they’re all awesome. Orange and Lavender are my favorites! ❤️ (disperser that I have 👉 http://amzn.to/2H9EFy2 and my set of essential oils 👉 http://amzn.to/2oNJPt3)