Hello all my health freaks! So glad to have you back!
Today isn’t #TreatTuesday but I really wanted to share some good healthy food with you guys.. so I shall!
Well, if you guys follow me on Instagram, you know I have been experimenting with a lot of yummy healthy and delicious recipes these days. Now, I am a big fan of salads. They are so easy to put together and there are tonnes of variations and ingredients that you can use to make your salads different and delicious. Salads don’t have to just be limited to lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Believe me, there are so many things you can add and build your salad, it’s unbelievable.
So, tonight for dinner, I made this amazing Asian Inspired Salad and OMG it was perfect!! It hit the exact notes in my mouth and I just couldn’t get enough of it! I asked on my insta story if anyone wanted me to share this recipe.. and the response was positive.. so here it is!
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of my honey mustard vinaigrette
- Spring mix (or greens of your choice..spinach,kale,arugula,lettuce etc)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bell peppers
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup brocoli florets
- 1/2 mango diced (this is the good stuff)
- 2 cups shrimp
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chilli flakes
Let’s get cooking.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and let it heat up. Then add onions,peppers and mushrooms with some salt and pepper and saute it till onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.
- In another pan, add some olive oil and get your shrimp going. Add some salt, pepper and chilli flakes and cook them until they’re done i.e. when the shrimp becomes pink and opaque.
- In a small sauce pan, get some water boiling and add your brocoli florets. Let them boil for about 5-7 mins and then rinse them under cold water and set them aside out of the water.
- In a large bowl, add your greens, tomato, red cabbage, mango, brocoli, shrimp, onion, mushrooms and pepper and give it a nice toss.
- Add some of my honey mustard vinaigrette and toss it well with some salt and pepper to taste.
And there you go!! Your yummy healthy Asian Salad is ready to be devoured!!
Let me know if you guys try this recipe out.. I would love to see it on your dinner plates 🙂
Until Next Time,
Stay Gorgeous & Keep Inspiring! xoxo
Daily Dose of happiness…
- I don’t know if I mentioned this earlier.. but I have started playing tennis. Today was my 4th day in a row.. and I think I am getting really good at it! 😉
- Weather has been really amazing lately, but I hear there’s a snow storm tomorrow..Perks of living in New England.. am I right?? Well anyway, I walked outside in the sun and 40F weather and it felt like Spring is back!! It was perfect! 🌞