Hello my lovelies.. welcome back!
Today is #TreatTuesday and I am sharing with you my scrumptous and tasty Tzaziki sauce recipe. Tzaziki is basically a greek sauce that you can have with Pita bread or spicy grilled chicken or lamb. It is such a delicious and heavenly sauce that I am sure, once you have it.. your taste buds will be craving for more.
By no means is this the “authentic” recipe for Tzaziki sauce, this is my version of how I like this heavenly sauce.
The recipe takes less than 20 mins to put together and a few hours in the fridge and let me tell you, it hits the exact notes of deliciousness in your mouth.. so let’s begin.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- 1 large english cucumber, grated
- about 2 cups of good quality thick greek yogurt
- 2-3 minced cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- fresh or dry chopped mint leaves
- fresh or dry chopped parley
- cayenne powder
- Now, the first thing you wanna do is, get all the water out of the cucumber. For this, add about 1-2 tsp of salt and mix it well with the grated cucumber. Let this mixture sit for about 15-20 minutes and then strain all the water out. Now, you’re only left with some amazing and fresh cucumber pulp.
- Once all the water from the cucumber is out, mix all the other ingredients together. So, the greek yogurt, minced garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne powder, crushed mint and parsley all go in. Remember, all the spices and herbs are according to your preference, so if you like it more spicy add more cayenne, also adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Next, mix all the ingredients until they’re well combined and cover this mixture and let it sit for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight in the fridge. This gives the herbs and spice and cucumber and yogurt to marry well with each other and give it that fresh,tangy and spicy taste that I am sure you’re going to love.
- You can also drizzle some olive oil on top if you’d like, but I love mine just as is.
I like to enjoy my tzaziki sauce with some fresh pita bread and some delicious spicy grilled chicken.
I hope your mouth is salivating looking at this plated dish I had for dinner last night.😉Definitely give this one a try and let me know how you like it. I absolutely adore this recipe and I am so in love with this sauce, I just want to have it with everything I eat!! haha! 🙂
Until next time,
Stay gorgeous & Keep Inspiring! xoxo
Daily Dose of Happiness…
- For today’s workout, I did a reformer Pilates class (for those who don’t know what it is check here) and well it kicked my ass. I love this class as it has so many levels of resistance that you can build up to. It is fantastic where you can alter the movements depending on if you want to build strength from the workout or simply need a deep stretch. I highly recommend it to everyone.
- For dinner tonight, I am going to have Maggi noodles after ages…. For my Non-Indian friends, Maggi is an instant noodle with a super awesome spicy masala called “magic masala” haha!! that it comes with.. it takes me back to my childhood days. It is so delicious.. I just can’t wait to have it. And again… you should definitely definitely try it! I am sure you’re gonna love it!
- Have I told you my new favorite snack?? Probably not. AVOCADO TOAST…. OMG!! The best thing ever!!❤️